Monday, September 14, 2015

Learning to Crochet

I've been meaning to learn to crochet for many years. I've tried to teach myself a few times but I've always given up when I got to a tricky bit that I didn't understand.

So, finally, last week, I went to a crochet class and learned how to make a granny square. After the class, I was hooked (lol) and carried on with the granny square which is now quite big!

I'm just about to go to my second crochet class and I'm really excited! I don't know why I didn't get my act together and go to a crochet class ages ago. Oh well, in the words of the Chinese proverb: "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now."

It's funny, after enjoying knitting for many years, I knew I would enjoy crochet and I do! So, if you're thinking of learning a new craft or skill, go ahead and do it! You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

 
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin